skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Mariposa
For a recent birthday celebration my sister and I came up with a mariposa-themed tablescape. I previously blogged about my family's birthday decorating tradition (read here). Sometimes it's difficult working with someone else because although you get to split the cost of decorations (always nice) you have to compromise between two different visions and consult before purchasing something (which can entail a lot of text messaging when one person is in a meeting and the other is at the store up to her elbows in feathers). I was thinking of doing a Penelope type fantasy world with a dark woodsy feel with pops of saturated reds, greens and blues. My sister was thinking light and airy butterflies (mariposa) and feathers...by the pictures I've posted below, she obviously won out. Nonetheless, it was fun to shop for and put together. It's supposed to appear as if the butterflies are carrying the ribbon and the feathers are floating to the ground. Hopefully one of these days I'll get a chance to try my hand at a Penelope-esque design...


No comments:
Post a Comment