Wednesday, July 14, 2010

wanderlust...Germany

Here are snippets from a previous summer trip I took to Germany where I spent most of my time in the Bavarian countryside. In the mornings I went for jogs in the forest behind the farm house where I was staying and although the woods were a bit spooky (I kept thinking 'black forest' and Hansel and Gretel), I was utterly charmed by the farmer on his tractor in the nearby wheat field and the occasional hot air balloons that would fly by (no, really. I am not making this up). I saw castles, churches, and walked across plenty of cobblestone. I drank glasses of Riesling and ate bratwurst with mustard. I went to a neighborhood church festival where the whole parish was enjoying pints of beer. It was peaceful and pretty European country living...simple as that.

2 comments:

Elle Sees said...

my blog is all about wanderlust this week! stop by!

Jordann said...

@Elle Sees: stopped by your blog...great travel posts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails