Let's rewind. This morning I woke up to a balmy tropical, Hawaiian breeze coming through my window and went to work well rested after the long 4th of July weekend. During a break I paused to check if MAC's "In the Groove" collection was posted online and was jolted out of my summer reverie to find that Stereo Rose mineralized skin finish had sold out on MAC's website within hours. Mob mentality set in and I tried getting my paws on one via Nordstrom. I thought I was out of the woods when I received an order confirmation email. But hours later I received the dreaded "backorder" email stating my order was "delayed" until July 30th when they may get a shipment. I "live chatted" with a Nordstrom rep who confirmed that they were trying to get more product in a few weeks and my order would ship then. That didn't sound too promising.
When I came home this evening I was fatigued from all that effort and took a mini nap. When I woke up hours later I comforted my-Stereo Rose-less-self by watching bad reality t.v (second-to-the-last episode of The Hills anyone?!). Around 1 am I was still wide awake because of my nap and decided to make one last ditch effort and check the Macys website to see if they had launched the collection -- but no dice, nothing was posted. After writing a few emails I decided to do (another) final check on the Macys website and alas, there it was -- the holy grail of perfectly coral and peachy goodness -- Stereo Rose ($28 plus shipping).
When the delivery man shows up on my door in 3 to 5 business days with Stereo Rose in his hand, I will be one hapy (AND crazy, over indulgent, compulsive shopping) girl.
See Lollipop26's review of MAC's In the Groove collection here.
bourgeoisie


1 comment:
Very entertaining story! I've been sitting back, watching everyone go crazy trying to get this. No doubt everyone will be laughing at me when karma bites me in the butt and I decide that I need stereo rose 3 months from now.
Post a Comment