Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Recessionista, Part II

According to a CNN article entitled "Living paycheck to paycheck" 21 percent of workers who earn at least $100,000 are living paycheck to paycheck. I'm not at that income level, however, in my mind when someone earns that much they should have enough to pay their bills, save, and have some cash leftover the day before pay day. Apparently Americans, myself included, have difficulty living within our means.

Like most twenty-something Americans with no children and a decent paying job, I don't save nearly as much as I should. Most of my paycheck goes to rent, school loans, and other bills. The rest, however, goes to clothes, entertainment and eating. I relegate my credit card usage to only when I travel, but I never pay it off as quickly as I could. This kind of bourgeoisie, conspicuous consumption is hard to curb. I'm sure Suze Orman would rake me over the coals.

As I attempt to adjust my spending habits, here's my recessionista find of the day -- on the left is a Paul & Joe "faken" grey suede t-strap for $764 at shop bop and on the right is a grey buckle shield from gojane for $18.99:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails