For my sister's birthday I put together a fairly simple but pretty table of decorations. I wanted something natural but girlie so I purchased these brown fiber gift boxes of different shapes from Target that I wrapped with pink and white striped ribbon from Hallmark. I wrapped pink ribbon around oversized tea candles for additional color and added a whimsical touch with a gingerbread cookie decorated to look like a cupcake.
The day of her birthday I went to a flower market and got a large bundle of myrtle that I split in two for a tree-like effect. I strung a homemade birthday sign fashioned from a paper bag, stick on letters from the scrapbook section of the craft store, and more pink ribbon -- I got the idea from Martha here. I got a variety of white flowers that I bunched together for an impromptu bouquet. All were placed in glasses vases that I found at a party store for around $2- $3. I think it came off pretty in a subtle way that suited my sister's aesthetic and made for a nice backdrop when we all gathered around to watch her open her presents. Birthdays are all the more festive when you have little touches like these.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That is really beautiful. I love the earthiness of it. It makes the pink details stand out all the more. I hope my friends decorate for me when it's my birthday!
@ A Stylized Hysteria: Thanks! It was all really simple and inexpensive to do :)
Post a Comment